Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyway to have a user defined field be unique?

Anyway to have a user defined field be unique?

This seems like it should be really easy to do, but I am running into a bit of a wall here.

We are trying to add a field to our contact list that we want to make sure is unique for every record, but I can't find any way to require it to be a unique field.  Is there a way to do this?

Nathan

Bronze Contributor

Re: Anyway to have a user defined field be unique?

Hello omnilytics.  If I understand your question, you want a field type that requires any entry into that field to hold information that would be unique from all other records in the database -- much like a unique record ID.

I believe there is not a standard field that gives you that feature; however, I believe one of the contributors to this forum will recommend an add-in that will do this.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Is there a way to make the act id visible so I can use it in the webinfo tab. I'm looking to use the webinfo tab to view folders that I create for each record. Id like to not have to manually assign another unique id if one is already available. 

No, I don't think you can access the internal UID except through the SDK or direct database access.

Not on the sereen. It can be shown in a report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129