Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anything like "Multilookup" available for Act 2009 ?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Anything like "Multilookup" available for Act 2009 ?

Been using Act 6 with "Multilookup" addon from Northwoods.    Multilookup is a wonderful litle, fast, simple utility where you type in "Joe" in first name and "IBM" in company and the program simply gives you all the contacts matching that.

Anything like Multilookup available for Act 11 ?   

I know you can make complex queries with Act 11 - but it is a pain in the butt compared to Multilookup.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Delawaredave
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Anything like "Multilookup" available for Act 2009 ?

Hey Dave,

Multilookup was one of those great Northwoods "Freebee" products for ACT! 6.  I used it and so did many of our clients.

Have you used the Lookup By Example feature in ACT 2009?  Try it... it's easy. 

I agree with the half-step comment.  Yes, the new methodolgy is not as simple or as elegant as the old.... few things are.   Still, it's really not a big deal compared to the more vital enhanced features and business building power in the new version overall.  I had some great utilities in the DOS, and arguably better efficiency too, but at a much lower level of functionality overall.  So would I go back?  Not even if I could.

PS. Try right-click field lookups, or building an advanced query, and perhaps soon you'll see why ACT! 2009 is the best version of ACT! yet.

Paul Marentette
ACT! Certified Consultant
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 6 actually did that without any add-on, so not sure what multilookup did?

You're right, ACT! 2009 doesn't have the Lookup | By example.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

[ Edited ]

Multilookup is tons better and faster than "lookup by example".    Tried to piost pic of multilookup.   How come every version of Act is partially a step backwards...

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/davejunkmail123/?action=view&current=multilookup.jpg

Message Edited by delawaredave on 10-26-2008 11:14 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author Delawaredave
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Hey Dave,

Multilookup was one of those great Northwoods "Freebee" products for ACT! 6.  I used it and so did many of our clients.

Have you used the Lookup By Example feature in ACT 2009?  Try it... it's easy. 

I agree with the half-step comment.  Yes, the new methodolgy is not as simple or as elegant as the old.... few things are.   Still, it's really not a big deal compared to the more vital enhanced features and business building power in the new version overall.  I had some great utilities in the DOS, and arguably better efficiency too, but at a much lower level of functionality overall.  So would I go back?  Not even if I could.

PS. Try right-click field lookups, or building an advanced query, and perhaps soon you'll see why ACT! 2009 is the best version of ACT! yet.

Paul Marentette
ACT! Certified Consultant
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME

Thanks.   The "right click" in a field is nice.  

Copper Super Contributor

I, too, greatly miss the MultiLookup add-on which was much easier than how it can be done in ACT 2009.  Another add-on I miss is Duplinator.  The merge feature in ACT 2009 does not allow you to select which fields are kept when merging two duplicate contacts.  
Platinum Elite Contributor