Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone!! Would you recommend ACT 2007 or Act 2008 when upgrading from ACT 6.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Anyone!! Would you recommend ACT 2007 or Act 2008 when upgrading from ACT 6.0

I want to upgrade my ACT 6.0 to be able to sync with Blackberry 8830 World edition. Any comments or suggestions before I choose my upgrade?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by tmergel (Copper Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Anyone!! Would you recommend ACT 2007 or Act 2008 when upgrading from ACT 6.0

I would never in my life recommend Act 2007 to a human being. I have to hate someone very but VERY much to recommend this stupid software to him. Sage stolen my money when I paid for it. Can not say nothing about 2008 because I don't have it, I won't pay another $ 200 to be raped again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Anyone!! Would you recommend ACT 2007 or Act 2008 when upgrading from ACT 6.0

Definately go with ACT! 2008 - 10.01 if you upgrade. It's the fastest, most stable version so far.

For your Blackberry, the best solution is Handheld Contact which would support either version

Beware Pokwin, Handheld Contact costs more than ACT. Would you agree with me that ACT should provide conduits for sync-ing directly with Windows, Palm, and Blackberry phones? I have ACT 2007 and have found it unstable and buggy. It has deleted phone numbers on syncs that have cost me sales, and today the email module erased my folders with stored emails about two projects I'm working on. This will cost me hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I didn't buy ACT to SPEND money, but they don't seem to care. Try emailing ACT with a problem and let me know if they ever write you back. I'm looking for another solution.

Not sure what email you have for support, but you could create a new thread here to address your issues.

As I've said, I use ACT! and Handheld Contact and find it's great

It works, and at less than a dollar a day, I have found it's worth the investment

Act 2008 is a great deal better than 2007, but you may have to increase your RAM on your computer to make it run at an acceptable level.  Loading is slow, but it does work well with the Crackberry 8830, and that's a plus.

Leave Act2007 in the box.  Opt for 2008
Solution
Accepted by tmergel (Copper Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I would never in my life recommend Act 2007 to a human being. I have to hate someone very but VERY much to recommend this stupid software to him. Sage stolen my money when I paid for it. Can not say nothing about 2008 because I don't have it, I won't pay another $ 200 to be raped again.

If you create a thread with your specific issues, you might find someone can resolve them for you here

Had 6.0 but HAD to upgrade because of Vista. (1st mistake) Have 2008 now and widh I still had 6.0. If you can stay there I think you will be happier. You could always download 2008 and try it and I would very much suggest it but don't get rid of 6.0 yet. Make a backup of your database and then use a copy of that to upgrade to 2008. I'm not happy with it. Slower, scheduling activities the time drop down you can't read, I can't have my contact and calendar open at the same time. There are some pluses I'm sure just none that are important to me.

While it's always good to backup before an upgrade, the upgrade procedure will do this as well

To have contact and calendar open at the same time - Preferences | Startup - turn off Open each view in its own Window

Scheduling speed can be related to the hard disk speed and RAM

Not sure why you can't read the pull-down

Hi Mike- Thanks for the input although I still can't get the screens to be side by side like I used to. When you are scheduling an activity and try to put the time in - are you able to see clearly who you have scheduled for that day and time? It's like they are using the wrong font for the space allowed for that time. It cuts off the bottom half in the text box they are using. 6.0 didn't have that problem. If you have a busy day I can't make out what is what. This is only in the time scheduler.