Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Another Detail Left Out

Nickel Contributor

Another Detail Left Out

I know this is not as important as getting ACT! installed into a computer and other major technical issues(which seem to proliferate with this software).

I just tried to add unique .wav sounds to each activity,  but it's only allowing one .wav for all activities.  Shouldn't I have the ability to add unique .wav sound files for each activity?  Maybe 9.x version doesn't have the latest updates that 10 does? Could I be right?  Somehow I doubt it.

Sage,  I really don't know about you anymore.  Even if I was allowed to beta test your newest release,  I could find hundreds if not maybe thousands of little things that make this software(I mean the company) an overall F grade in my book.  You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.  The software shouldn't get the bad grade, the people who go home not caring about giving us a good product that works should be ashamed.

What do your programmers do during the day?  What does the management do everyday?  The answer?  I will keep silent.  Your company could be making a killing with this software even more that you do now!  Wake up Sage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-P 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Another Detail Left Out

There is only one preference for the alarms... it is not type-specific. This is still the case with 10.0

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Nickel Contributor

Mike,

Come on.  I want to thank you for your dedication.  However, each and every activity whether it's a call, fax, letter etc. has it's OWN browse button to search the computer for individual .wav files.

Why set it up that way when it appears that each TYPE OF ACTIVITY has its own ability to CHOOSE a .wav file?  Try it yourself.  Every activity has it's own custom .wav choice.

Kind of reminds me of the guy who went to school to be a professor, didn't finish and now he's a PROF.  Never finished.  Kind of like ACT! short on ACTION.

-P

Where are you looking?

In ACT! 10.02 - Tools | Preferences | Calendar & Scheduling | Scheduling Preferences - The Customise Alarms button is outside the Activity Type Settings box.

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

No excuses.  I saw it for what it appeared.  Highlighting an activity on the list gave me the impression that each one had its own choice when clicking on that button.

Still it's another example of simple minds taking all the shortcuts.  One could easily get the impression that it's indivualized for each activity. 

These small things would NOT take away from its efficiency and give the software a rich robust flavor if Sage ever decided to give the program some flexibiility and options.

I don't know... why do i get the feeling this is another cheap end-around?

-P

Message Edited by patgenn123 on 06-07-2008 02:42 PM

Is the button within the box on your system? Only the fields in that box are specific to the activity

Nickel Contributor

Mike,

Right now I can't answer that because I am at work.  Basically I am going off of memory.  I don't want to answer until I get home,  but you know it's one of those things.  You get excited that there is something that gives this software a little fun and excitement, but it ends up falling flat and disappointment happens again.  The software is just blah and it's been blah for a long time.

Give me a few bells and whistles that doesn't bloat the software.  Make it fun to open it.  It's too cumbersome.  It still is a massive chore to put in an activity/history/Note.  It just feels that way.

Sorry for getting off on a tangent, but....

-P

It certainly doesn't sound too hard to add... post a request for the feature.
Nickel Contributor

Mike,

I just got home and yes, the "button" customize alarms is outside of the group box,  but what threw me was the pluralization of "alarms".  It gave me the impression there was more than one.

Oh well.  I could only dream of some bells and whistles to make this software a little more interesting.

-P