Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Annual Events search within a Group

vb
Copper Contributor

Annual Events search within a Group

I have a Group called "2011 Clients." I create a Lookup of this group.  When I search (Lookup, Annual Event)  for a birthdays within November, I only want to find those who are in this current lookup, not the entire database.  How do I do that?  I must be missing something, surely the search doesn't apply to the entire database (which has considerable more entries).

Thanks

vb
Copper Contributor

Re: Annual Events search within a Group

I want to throw this one out there again.  Is it a bug on designed as intended?  If designed as is, then it should be redesigned.

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

I think it was designed that way (but I could be wrong).  I don't think you can do a lookup on a lookup.

You could create an Advanced Query Lookup, or create a Dyamic Group.

Alternatively, you could create a Report.  You can use your Lookup as the basis of the report.  There is a canned Birthday List contact report in Act!

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
vb
Copper Contributor

I was thinking of it as a SEARCH within a Lookup, because the pop-up actually says SEARCH. 

But you are right, that an Advanced Query will work, choosing Birth Date equal to a month number.  But it is not quite as intuitive.

I vote for Annual Event Search to be within a Lookup and not the enitre database.