Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Annual Events-Act Real Estate v10

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Annual Events-Act Real Estate v10

Just entered 98% data into Act 10.  Began running a few look ups for data confirmation and it appears that "Anniversary" data is not appearing as an annual event.  Also, I created Spouse Birthday as an additional field.  However, I entered the field format as "date".  Do I need to erase and then recreate the field as an annual date?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Annual Events-Act Real Estate v10

For the Anniversary Date field, if you do not see it as an option in the annual event lookup screen, this means it is not an annual event field. You can change this (and the spouse birthday field):

- Go to Tools/Define Fields

- "View fields for:" should be Contacts

- In the list find the field name you want to edit and double-click it

- When the edit screen comes up, change the "Select a field data type" dropdown from Date to Annual Event

- Click Finish

Note: If either one of these fields is NOT already a "Date" field, then DO NOT change to an Annual Event field. This could result in data loss.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

When you say the Anniverary data is not appearing as an annual event, what exactly do mean? Is it not an available field when you go to Lookup/Annual Events? Or are your lookups on that field not giving any results?

In regards to Spouse Birthday field, you can just edit that field and change to field type to from Date to Annual Event. This will not cause any data issues because both are date-type fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

When I select Look UP, then Annual Events, the next box shows-All, None, Birthdays, and Spouse Bday2 as possible annual event options.  Anniversary is not an option.  I would think that it should be.

Also, I could not figure out how to adjust the format for Spouse Birthday from date (which I created in error) to annual date.

Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

For the Anniversary Date field, if you do not see it as an option in the annual event lookup screen, this means it is not an annual event field. You can change this (and the spouse birthday field):

- Go to Tools/Define Fields

- "View fields for:" should be Contacts

- In the list find the field name you want to edit and double-click it

- When the edit screen comes up, change the "Select a field data type" dropdown from Date to Annual Event

- Click Finish

Note: If either one of these fields is NOT already a "Date" field, then DO NOT change to an Annual Event field. This could result in data loss.

Greig Hollister

Thanks.  All modifications made and all is working fine.