Search instead for 
Do you mean 

And now we have Apple

Accepted Solution Solved
moi
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

And now we have Apple

After many years of open discussions what to use in the company, we bought our first Apple to have it a go. The only quarantee we had to give to our old boss is that ACT works with apple. And yes of course we all said yes, and the sales guy even helped us to say yes. A quick look at the forum just give us the feeling there is a way.

All uppacked installation of the apple and the look, Jezus this is great, even our old boss was impressed. Now the installation of act, after we installed parrallels, just stopped on first point.

The message is z_MSG_WinInstallerFail  and it stops. Anyone can save us to go back to PC and help us out what could be the problem ?

Many thanks in advance

Apple team for ACT

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author moi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: And now we have Apple

[ Edited ]

Hi Moi,

You have left out some critical information: What version of Act!? What version of Windows did you install in Parallel?  Does your windows install have the latest service packs? Do you have the latest version of Parallel?  Do you have the lastest updates for OS X?

In addition to these things, you should also ensure you have the latest Windows Installer, which can be found here: Windows Installer v4.5.  You must be careful which version you choose at the bottom of the page as there are several choices specific to each version of Windows.

MrWright

Message Edited by MrWright on 08-27-2008 07:46 AM

View solution in original post

All Replies

A critical question: Do you have a version of Windows on this Mac or are you just using the Mac OS that it comes with?

If you don't have Windows and you don't have a Mac version of Act, you can't run the software. Fortunately, there is a very VERY good (and pretty cheap) software application called Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/) that facilitates running Windows right inside of the Mac OS. In its Coherence mode, your Windows windows even behave like Mac windows. 

I don't know how familiar you are with Mac. Everyone who switches from PC to Mac has to go through an "unlearning" curve because Mac's operating system is so much more intuitive than Windows. You might want to prepare your boss for this. Once everyone who uses this computer gets used to it, they'll curse every PC they ever lay their hands on.

moi
Copper Contributor

Hi pinball,

Yes, we installed Parallels as we said in the email. But it just give this error. And is not installing ACT.

Hope somebody can help us

Solution
Accepted by topic author moi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Moi,

You have left out some critical information: What version of Act!? What version of Windows did you install in Parallel?  Does your windows install have the latest service packs? Do you have the latest version of Parallel?  Do you have the lastest updates for OS X?

In addition to these things, you should also ensure you have the latest Windows Installer, which can be found here: Windows Installer v4.5.  You must be careful which version you choose at the bottom of the page as there are several choices specific to each version of Windows.

MrWright

Message Edited by MrWright on 08-27-2008 07:46 AM
moi
Copper Contributor

Hi Mr Wright,

It looks like you saved my Apple Smiley Happy  Where do you live so i can send you one for free. After installation of the Window Installer all went perfect.

Now next step, i am sure i will find some other points. (email and syn with normal pc)

But thanks for the help, my old boss already put the boxes of apple on my desk to return my apple but you saved my .......

moi

Copper Elite Contributor

You're Welcome! Smiley Happy

MrWright