Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Analog or USB headset

Analog or USB headset

We've been using keypads with an analog phone connection through the computer to dial with Act.  Is this still possible with Act 2013?  My concern is that once you get through to a number, you sometimes have to move around to different extensions or back to "0" and the keypad seems necessary.  Can that be done through Act, if we have to use a USB modem to dial?  The newer computers seem to come with USB connections only.  Thank you!

Bronze Contributor

Re: Analog or USB headset

Hi Deb Arak -- 

I use ACT to dial my phone and use a USB modem to make the calls.  I have a wireless headset connected to my analog landline.

Once connected and listening to the call, I can enter extensions or response to meeting logins, etc from the keypad on my phone.

I am using ACT 2013.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

So your handset is plugged right into the phone jack?  How does that communicate with the computer USB modem?

Bronze Contributor

Connected to the phone jack in the wall is a line with a dual phone jack.

I have a line fropm the USB Modem to one of the jacks and a line from the phone to the other jack.

When I make a call from the computer I selected the options so that I have a pop-up to hang up the line.  I click on that as soon as I have taken the phone off hook.  (otherwise it will end the call).  

Does that help?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

I really appreciate your taking the time for this detail.  We really need the guidance.  I hope it will help; we need to get the equipment together and then we'll see.  I'll let you know.  Thank you so much.

Deborah