Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Am I crazy or why does it seem like ACT doesn't really do the job easily or even well?

Am I crazy or why does it seem like ACT doesn't really do the job easily or even well?

My boss shows me the software, says it easy to use. Says its good enough for the sales person that is using it. I start poking around and am not sure what the draw is here.

Couldn't find a search in Help, I thought it was suppose to help us manage our clients. Don't really see it. Maybe I need a crash course or overview of the "Whats in it for me" or a sales pitch...

Does anyone out there love this product, tell me why so that I can get enthused about using it...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Am I crazy or why does it seem like ACT doesn't really do the job easily or even well?

In Help did you try Help Topics? That brings up broad topics and has an index and search.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Am I crazy or why does it seem like ACT doesn't really do the job easily or even well?

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I'm sorry to hear that you and ACT! got  off on the wrong foot. ACT! is a very powerful and easy-to-use CRM program, but may be different from what you have used in the past. Was there particular topics or features that you were trying to find information for? Here are some resources so help you get started:

- Under the Help menu in ACT!, choose Feature Tours to see a list of in-program videos for key features

- Also under the Help menu, choose Service and Support > Knowledgebase Articles to access our Knowledgebase.

- In addition, as Roy said, when you click Help Topics under the Help menu, you can click Search in the lower right to search for a particular topic or feature. If you are in a particular area or screen in ACT!, then press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the Help screen for that particular area of  the program.

You can also post any issue or questions you may have about the program here in the Community (under the ACT! product board) as well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

>Does anyone out there love this product, tell me why so that I can get enthused about using it...

Yup, pretty much love it.  Been using it since version 2.something.  Have used some other products, too.  Sugar, especially, even at my current company but I use Act as my primary contact tool.

It does most everything I need plus a lot I personally don't need but I am sure others do use.  There's a couple of things that can be improved, but none are showstoppers and it will take you a while to realize it.

What couldn't you figure out?  I am curious.

Mike