Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alternate address mapping

Alternate address mapping

I have many contacts with both a Local and a Corporate Address. I have created the additional fields for the Local addresses.The Display Map icon only maps the corporate address which are the default address fields.

I have read a post that explains to try View/Internet Services/Internet Links Dirving Directions. From there supposedly you can select an alternate address for the contact from the address dropdown, but no alternates are available to me. Do I have to alert the program somehow to know which fields to search for alternate addresses?

Thank you in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Alternate address mapping

Which version of ACT! are you using?  The mapping interface changed from 2009 to 2010. In 2009 and prior, you had the option to choose which address to use. In 2010, there is a mapping URL under the Web Info tab. You would need to set up a custom URL under that tab that uses the Home Address fields. For more information on the Web Info tab, see KB 25188.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACT 2008
Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe you would need to put the Local address info in the default Home Address fields, which is by default under the Home Address tab in ACT! 2008. The .dll that interfaces with MapQuest is setup to work with just the primary and home address fields. An the alternate address feature is only available when you to View/Internet Services/Internet Links/MapQuest Driving Directions (or) MapQuest Maps.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.