Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Already Registered Message

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Already Registered Message

I had to run a system restore in windows 7 64bit and now ACT keeps asking me to register.  When I try to register, I keep getting an error that the program is already registered and activated.  I called customer service and they reset my tolerance, and then they sent me to modify the registry, but when I looked at the register under HKEY software, there was nothing there referring to ACT.

I have already tried the knowledgebase suggestion to remove from the code from HKEY --> Software -> ACT.  The problem is that in software folder, ACT is not there.

Can anyone help?

The other problem that I'm stil having is that I cannot drag and drop files into ACT email.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Already Registered Message

The folder holding the 'registrationdata' file (Application Data) is generally a hidden file.  Be sure to follow the steps listed under 'Damaged System File' to show hidden files/folders, then see if you can locate the file.  Also look for the System files described in that 'Damaged System File' step (KGY* and 10-digit sys file).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Assuming you have a recent version of ACT! (2009 or later), you will need to remove the 'registrationdata.xml' file and clean up the system KGY* file.  Here is an article with steps: KB Article 14245

Older versions of ACT!, you will still need to remove the system files (kgy*)

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

I looked for the file: RegistrationData.xml and I could not find it anywhere on the hard drive.  I stil cannot register.  Any ideas?

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The folder holding the 'registrationdata' file (Application Data) is generally a hidden file.  Be sure to follow the steps listed under 'Damaged System File' to show hidden files/folders, then see if you can locate the file.  Also look for the System files described in that 'Damaged System File' step (KGY* and 10-digit sys file).

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks, this fixed it.