Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alphabetize reports

Alphabetize reports

How do I go about putting company names in a group in alpabetical order, before printing?

Re: Alphabetize reports

I start by doing a lookup, then viewing the lookup as a list (rather than as individual contacts) and clicking on the Company column header to alphabetize (those columns can be customized.) After that, I create the report. Another way is to export the lookup to Excel and sort in Excel.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Lee

However - my experience is that even though you sort by name and have this list in alphabetical order - it does not print as seen on the screen ?

Lee

I tried your suggestion, but the report did not come out sorted. One problem may be that my report is not just one record per line. It has a section for each contact, with name, title, address, and one user-defined field. So there are 5 records per page. It seems the sort order would be an option in the report design, but I don't see it there. Am I missing it in plain view???
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'll be honest and say I don't spend a lot of time with the report writer... I probably use Crystal more.

If no-one here has an idea, I'd suggest trying the person I regard as the guru of ACT! Reports - Roy at http://www.techbenders.citymax.com/reportandlabels.html