Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alphabetize Favorites

Highlighted

Alphabetize Favorites

Hi:

Just upgraded to Pro Version 20 and like it.

I really like the ability to have Favorites. I have about 20 of 250 in my list, listed as Favorites but they are in random order.  How can I get the Favorites alphabetized?

In addition I would then like the other 230 in the list below the Favorites to be alphabetized to.

How can I do this?

Thanks, Paul

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Re: Alphabetize Favorites

On a list view, click on Edit - then Sort and choose Favorite as the Sort By choice.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

As Pat says, that's the right way to sort the list of contacts, this list for example can be used to find contact information or to export them to excel

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

...  In this way they are arranged alphabetically among those who have the Mark of favorites

5.png

6.png

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security
in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Hi Patricia:

That kind of worked. 

The only way I could Favorites listed first in alpha order then Company in alpha order was to do this..

I Sorted and chose Favorite as the sort by, then Descending (Thought it should have been Ascending, but not, that left it at the bottom of all 250 Companies) 

The 2nd sort "and then by" Company, and chose Ascending

That's all well and good but how can I make that sort the default at all times. I closed ACT and came back and my sorts were gone.

Thanks much for your help.

Paul

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

This order is established for the purpose of generating a list or to find some information effectively, but it can not be predefined as the permanent order of the database

Internally Act! has a record identifier field, that is... Act! It has its own way of ordering information.

Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Hm, you are right that the sort is not saved in preferences.  There is one other thing to make sure is checked - on Tools - Preferences, on the Startup tab, there is a checkbox for use Favorites as Default Lookup.  that will at least start you with only favorites.

favoriteview.jpg

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!