Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Allow more than 1 entry into a time slop on schedule activity

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Allow more than 1 entry into a time slop on schedule activity

Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 5

Windows 10 pro

When Scheduling an Activity/To-Do, I'm only able to schedule 1 call/to-do per timeslot ("start time").

I would like to be allowed to add more than 1 call/to-do into a time slop on schedule activity.

Currently, also, it only allows a call every 30 minutes, even though I have default duration to 5 minutes.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Allow more than 1 entry into a time slop on schedule activity

You will get an activity conflict warning but just ignore it and you can book more than 1 activity per time slot.

Alternatively in tools - preferences - Calendar , change slots to 5 minutes and pick a different 5 minutes for each activity.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

However, this doesn't resolve my problem.

I want to be able to just hit a time under the "start time" tab.

I changed the duration to 5 minutes in preference, but as you can see from the screen shot, it only changes the "duration" tab. The "start time" slots are still 30 minutes and I would like to set up multiple calls for 8:00 AM without having to go through all of the manual steps of choosing another open slot time later in the day, then highlighting that time, deleting it and manually entering 8:00 AM.

I hope I'm sufficiently explaining this.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Anyone else know of a solution?
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

If I understand your question correctly please look at this quick video I put together for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxwi94h86csrsq8/Act%21%20Multiple%20Activity%20Same%20Time.mp4?dl=0

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the effort Copper, however, this doesn't really solve my problem.

Did you see how many steps you have to take in order to manually override the system. Doing it once is no big deal, but having to do it several times/day everyday adds up; thus, my original inquiry.

If I want to book more than 1 appt at 8 am everyday, it's a very tedious and inefficient process.

There should be a way to do this without all of these required steps. 

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

The only other idea I can think of is to change the activity preferences under TOOLS>PREFERENCE>CALENDAR & ACTIVITIES> ACTIVITY PREFERENCES. You can click on an activity type and decide to have it DEFAULT to TIMELESS *That's how my To-Do's are configured, or UNCHECK DEFAULT TO TIMELESS which allows you to then choose a time during the scheduling process. On my setup with CALLS if have all of the detail boxes unchecked EXCEPT for START TIME. Act! - tried to help you fill out as much of the scheduling detail as possible to it will include the current contact name, and use the current date and time for NON-Timeless activities.

The way my CALLS is setup it will open the schedule dialog box and show me a mini-calendar with other commitments displayed with the current date and time. I can click on the Start Time (One Click) type 8am and select OK and it will place it on my calendar for 8am. I can repeat this process with other contacts with the only entries needing to be CLICK START TIME and key in 8am , or 9:30am and click OK. I don't think you can get any tighter than that regarding keystrokes.

Hope that helps,

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks. That's what I've been doing, but, again, was hoping to minimize those steps/keystrokes.