Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

All kinds of Problems with Sync's

All kinds of Problems with Sync's

I have to start by saying I was a Top Producer user for several years until I recently made the switch to ACT about 4 months ago........  and I've had nothing but problems with syncs.

I could not get calenders or contacts to sync between my TREO and ACT to save my life.  After customizing the settings to have the handheld overwrite the desktop and vice versa.....nada

I've been meaning to get rid of my TREO for other reasons anyway so I pushed it off as a problem with the TREO.

Today, I went out and got myself a brand new Blackberry Curve.  All excited to come home and finally have my records updated on my handheld....i hook everything up.  The desktop recognizes my BB...great. 

Everything looks as if it is communicating...but NOTHING FROM ACT SYNCS! 

I like the way the database flows on my desktop, but this is getting ridiculous.

Is there someone out there that can help?...if so...what information do you need from me?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: All kinds of Problems with Sync's

gbjhill,

What version of Act! and what version of Windows are you using.  In Act!, you can go to Help | About and provided the actual version number.  In Windows, is it XP or Vista and what is the Service Pack number?

MrWright

Sorry

I've just posted a similar item only I've never had any problem ever with synching palms, treos, handsprings etc with all versions of ACT until I had to restore my PC (first time I've ever done that as well)

I've used Act Link 2 in the main but Companion Link has also shown some good points.

Hope you resolve your issues - buggers when they don't work aren't they!

Regards

Graham

After a very long night, I have finally found that ACT will not sync directly with the Blackberry..... go figure.

However, there is a program out there called Companion Link that works fantastic!  This program makes the transition from the BB to ACT easy!

Why wouldn't ACT be compatible with Blackberry?  That just doesn't make sense.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you want a more ACT!-like experiance on the Blackberry, you might have a look at the trial of Handheld Contact

It can also track phone calls, emails and SMS sent from the BB in ACT!'s history