Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

All Act 2007 pages will not load.

All Act 2007 pages will not load.

Last week when we tried to start Act 2007 9.0, Act stopped loading all the way, I get to the part where I enter username and password in, I then get a blank grey screen, this only happens on one workstation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act 3 times, I have updated drivers and still no luck.

When I press F11 while in the grey screen I get an Error "Failed to create view Act.UI.IContactDetailView.Smiley Frustratedystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. at ActUI.LayoutDesigner.ActLayoutProvider.KnownTabsCollection.Add(TabPage tab)

at ActUI.ContactViews.ContactDetailView.TagKnownObjects()

at ActUI.ContactViews.ContactDetailView.OnLoad(ActApplication actApp)

at Act.UIPluginManager.CreateComponent(String interfaceName, String& serializeFile)

at ActUI.ViewManager.GetView(String viewKey)"

When I press F6 or F9 I get an Error "The signature is incorrect."

When I press F7 I get an Error "Failed to create view Act.UI.ITTaskView.: System.Refection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.--->System.TypeLoadException:The signature is incorrect. at Act.UI.ContactViews.BaseActivityTabPage.InitalizeComponent() at Act.UI.ContactViews.BaseActivityTabPage..ctor() at Act.UIActivityViews.TaskViewActivityTabPage..ctor()

at ActUIActivityViews.TaskView.InitializeComponent() at.UIActivityViews.TaskView..ctor()

--End of inner exception stact trace--

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(Runtime Type type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle&ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingsFlags bindingsAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingsFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo 

culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at Act.UIPluginManager.CreateComponent(String interfaceName, String&serializeFile)

at Act.UI.ViewManager.GetView(String viewKey) "

Not sure what to do at this point to get Act working on this machince.

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: All Act 2007 pages will not load.

Is this issue happening on just one machine? Or more than one?

On the machine(s) it is happening on, if you check the Applications log under the Windows Event Viewer, are there any errors referring to ACT! or Microsoft .NET that correspond to the time of the error? To access the Application log, right-click on My Computer from your Start menu or Desktop, choose Manage, click Event Viewer, then click Application.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This is happening on only the one computer. I checked the event log and there are no errors for anything when I start Act on this computer. I can press some of the hot keys and parts of Act will work, some do not work like F7, F11.

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

If this is only on one machine, then it may be a problem with the Microsoft .NET Framework. I would suggest that you do a manual removal of ACT!, uninstall Microsoft SQL, then uninstall Microsoft .NET (all versions) - in that order.

To manually remove ACT!, please see the instructions in KB Article 19346

Uninstall SQL from Add/Remove Programs. There are several files to remove...MSXML 6.0 Parser and any application starting with "Microsoft SQL Server"

Uninstall Microsoft .NET (all versions) from Add/Remove Programs

Reboot

After the reboot, make sure you are logged into Windows as a local administrator

Disable any firewall, anti-virus, etc.

Reinstall from your ACT! CD (or download)...this will reinstall .NET, SQL and ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you! I will give that a try!

Mark

Thanks that fixed it!

Mark