Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alert for no mailing address?

Alert for no mailing address?

I'm new to using ACT! and have 2012 Pro installed. My question is does the software give any kind of alert or warning (or can it be set to do so) if you are performing a mail merge or printing address labels and any of the contacts being used in that activity do not have a mailing address in their contact information?

I might do a lookup of a large number of contacts to do an address label print, and would like to know before printing if any of those contacts are missing a mailing address in their information. Is that something Act! can alert me to as it is performing the mail merge or print or do I need to review all the contacts in my lookup prior to performing such an action?

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Alert for no mailing address?

Hello Vespar,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. We do have such a mechanism for missing email addresses during an email merge, but unfortunately not for missing street addresses. I think this would be a great idea, so would recommend you submit it as a feature request in the Ideas board in this forum (click "Share Ideas" from the row of commands right above this thread). In the meantime, the only method I know of is to sort your merge list by the address field, then remove the contacts with missing addresses from the lookup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Alert for no mailing address?

Thank you Greig. I will make that suggestion! Appreciate the timely reply. Smiley Happy