Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alarms for contact who have been left alone for a certain duration.

Alarms for contact who have been left alone for a certain duration.

Another problem we have is that some contacts are not "touched" regularly. What is a good tool in ACT! to alarm the record manager / administrator of contacts who have not been followed up on in a long period of time?
www.duiattorneytab.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Alarms for contact who have been left alone for a certain duration.

You could always do a lookup on them:

Lookup > Other fields > Edit date > On or before <date> (1 month ago? i.e 13/01/08) and it will list all contacts that have not been touched for over a month, maybe set an alarm to remind you to do this?

I guess the idea here is to automate this process. How would I set alarms to do this?
www.duiattorneytab.com
Copper Contributor

No way to do this that I'm aware of, other than manually looking up for yourself, sorry.

There must be a way to automate this - otherwise this software is not really a CRM - it's lacking basic functionality.
www.duiattorneytab.com
Copper Contributor

As far as I'm aware there is not.
Nickel Super Contributor

If you don't mind me asking why would you want an alarm for each contact? - this would leave you with loads of alarms - what would you do with these alarms after you had them, a contact activity lookup would provide you with a list of contacts that you could report on or export to excel or save for later.... 

Forget I said the word Alarm. The problem we have with ACT! is that our Sales Manager has to sort through contacts of our various reps. She will find contacts who have not been touched in years. The goal is to automate this task she does. Looking through contacts to see when the last time something has happened to them is very time consuming. Ideally, we would want some system that provides a list of all contacts who have not been touch in X amount of time. Also it would be nice to automatically notify the responsible rep that their own contacts have not been touched in X amount of time. Is there a way to do this ACT! Or and add on? Thanks!
www.duiattorneytab.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

You could try to create a dynamic group with membership criteria based on the Edit Date field then set a recurring alarm to review contacts in the group. I'm not sure if that would catch notes and histories though. Mike's idea of running Contact Activity on a regular basis is probably the best.

Rhonda Burke, ACC
the RED group
Halifax, NS Canada