Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alarms dialog box

Alarms dialog box

i'm using Act Pro on a windows 7. I only use it on this computer.

I've searched and searched, all I can find are answers about turning off the alarms. I want to turn them on.

I've been using it for about four months. I had the alarms dialog box working perfectly. Then, it disappeared. I don't know if I dragged over the wrong icon or what. I was using it fine, then, I started missing calls.

Now I have to go into my calendar and manually look for my commitments. That's a lot like using index cards in a metal box. Please help.

Re: Alarms dialog box

When you are scheduling tasks/reminders,  Are you setting the drop down box to a certain time? (Ex. 0 Minutes, 5 Minutes, etc). This drop down is the middle drop down at the bottom of the schedule activity box.

OR - 

Go to Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Scheduling > Scheduling preferences and see if it is a setting in there.

I never use "no alarm" as an option. I always change to 0 minutes, of 1 Day for on site appointments. I have a load of tasks that are showing up on the calendar, and when I click into them they show the 0 minutes option, but there's no alarm box anymore.

There was one, until this week.

I have a similar situation.

I to use the alarm dialog box and it disappeared. I set all my commitments to timeless as that way they are supposed to all be in the dialog box in themorning when I open Act! 

This was working fine. However, now they the dialog box does not appear until noon! If I leave Act! ope.n over night with Commitments still pending I get another dialog box aking to roll over the previous days commitments or not. No matter which I pick the alarm dialog box from the previous day disappears until noon. Help!

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

We need to know what version of ACT! you are using. I have encountered this and what I found (on my own system) was scheduling activities "Timeless" and setting an alarm resulted in "No Alarm" being displayed. Try setting tasks for a specific time.....

Also, please post the version you are using and update your application to the newest version including hot fixes...

Phillip R. Horn
ACTive Certified Consultants of Virginia, LLC
888-975-3111
www.accofva.com

2013 pro

also on the the activity there is a Ring alarm which is set at 0 minutes