Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After upgrade to ACT v17-no companies show in company list

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

After upgrade to ACT v17-no companies show in company list

Windows 8.1, 64 bit- I upgraded to ACT v17-all companies etc seem to be working but when I click on the company tab on the left, no companies show. If I create a new company, it shows up in the list if I click the companies tab, but none of the old companies from before the upgrade from ACT 2007 show in that list.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author businessdata
‎10-14-2015 02:28 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: After upgrade to ACT v17-no companies show in company list

The Company in ACT v17 Company Tab is different from the Company in a Contact view. The Company in the Company Tab should be called "Company (or entity) that has x or more contacts linked to it". So a Company in a Contact view will only be underlined if it has x or more contacts linked to it. You have to go to: Tools-Preferences-Admin-Company Options to set x or more links with the same Company to create a new Company (or entity) that will now show in the Company Tab and will be underlined in the other windows.

View solution in original post

All Replies

When you are logged into Companies, can you click on "Lookup - All Companies" along the top of the screen? Does this make a difference.

Also, do other users access this database? If so do they have the same problem?

Peter

Copper Contributor

When logged into Companies, if I click "Lookup-All Companies" the only companies that show up are the new companies I added since the upgrade. I think for some reason the old Company field from my old ACT-2007 didn't match up with the new ACT-v17 Company field when the old ACT-2007 database was restored into the new ACT-v17 on the new computer. I am the only user on this system. No one else accesses this database. Thank you.
Bronze Super Contributor

Is your Company field the same as the original Company field or did you change it at some time?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

I paid $40.00 to have ACT set it up in my computer. I don't know if they changed field names. It took them all day on the latest computer and their latest version.

Solution
Accepted by topic author businessdata
‎10-14-2015 02:28 PM
Copper Contributor

The Company in ACT v17 Company Tab is different from the Company in a Contact view. The Company in the Company Tab should be called "Company (or entity) that has x or more contacts linked to it". So a Company in a Contact view will only be underlined if it has x or more contacts linked to it. You have to go to: Tools-Preferences-Admin-Company Options to set x or more links with the same Company to create a new Company (or entity) that will now show in the Company Tab and will be underlined in the other windows.