Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After installing hot fix 2 some smart task definitions are now missing

After installing hot fix 2 some smart task definitions are now missing

[ Edited ]

After installing hot fix 2 on friday - when I opened my database today I recieved a sage act message box " the workflow failed validation" click OK.

I went to Manage Smart Tasks.  It appears that all of the smart task templates have become corrupt.

Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 2

schema 15.1.87.0

When I click on any of the act standart smart task templates (the ones that come pre-installed when you install act) I recieve the following message.  Some of the smart task templates I created remain valid - others are no longer valid.

"The smart task template you selected cannot be viewed becuase the template definition is no longer valid.  For more information contact your system administrator."

I closed this database and created a new fresh database.  Same error.  All the smart task template definitions seem to be missing or corrupt.

I tried rebuilding the database via check and repair.  No luck.

How can I restore the template functionality.  I actually use these workflow templates.

I will attempt to restore from a backup.

Update: Using Restore AS to another new database doesn't resolve the problem. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: After installing hot fix 2 some smart task definitions are now missing

[ Edited ]

Hello howells,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. This appears to be install issue, although we have not seen this with Hot Fix 2. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Then see if the error occurs in your database. Also test with the restored backup you did as well as a new database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

will un-installing remove all the databases, structures & metadata from the ms-sql database? I'm thinking that the smart tasks must be stored as "stored proceedures" with triggers inside the ms-sql database.  It's certainly not installed in the act database file otherwise when I restored the database from a known working backup it would have restored the corrupted smart tasks ... so logically they must be located somewhere that's not backed up which is a problem ... obviously.

If I un-install act 2013 will the ms-sql database also be removed (which is probably what I want).  The problem is that me and an act tech had a heck of a time installing 2013 on this windows 7 home premium machine in the firstplace.  We spent hours doing it and in the end - he had to install the ms-sql 2008 express by hand.  He never was able to figure out why it would install cleanly but once it did I haven't had a problem with it since (severl months).

No, you should not have to uninstall SQL Server - just ACT!. This will not affect your existing databases.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Your suggestion seems to have solved the problem.  Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.....Thanks very much for your promot response and help.

Glad to hear it! Please post an update if your situation changes.

Greig Hollister