Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After changing settings in ACT from Outlook to Internet mail, my Outlook 2003's Send/Receive fails and button is missing!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

After changing settings in ACT from Outlook to Internet mail, my Outlook 2003's Send/Receive fails and button is missing!

I have a problem with my Outlook 2003 as a result from undoing settings in ACT 2008. I decided to change my mail client to an Internet mail after setting it up to be Outlook originally.  It was working in Outlook before I changed the settings.  After I changed the settings in ACT I have since been unable to download  mail into Outlook and the Send/Receive button disappears one second after opening Outlook. I tried to do a Detect and Repair but it says it  needs a .cab file not in my system. I think I am going down a rabbit hole by looking for the driver. I checked the Outlook settings and tested the connection and it says it works fine.  I am hoping someone in the community has a fix for this. By the way, my mail does download in another computer in Outlook Express no problem .  Everything was working fine until I changed the mail settings in ACT. Thanks for any help!!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author LauraK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: After changing settings in ACT from Outlook to Internet mail, my Outlook 2003's Send/Receive fails and button is missing!

OK per your suggestion I added a profile, tested the settings and it is working now. However I don't know how to transfer all the emails , contacts, etc. in the other profile to the new one - could you direct me to the right Knowedge Base to be able to do that? I thank you so very much for your kind assistance! Laura

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: After changing settings in ACT from Outlook to Internet mail, my Outlook 2003's Send/Receive fails and button is missing!

It sounds like you removed the email account.  Within Outlook, go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > Next.  See if your email account is listed.  If its blank, then thats the problem.  Add your account back and the send/receive button should reappear.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and suggestion - however all the settings are there and when I test the connection it is successful.  Any other ideas? I hate to lose the ability to use Outlook.  I keep thinking there is some setting in ACT that hasn't changed when I changed the email provider to internet. Thanks for any help!

[ Edited ]

Couple solutions you can try.

Drag Send/Receive button to the toolbar:

Tools> Customize> Commands tab> select Standard on the left column and in the right column, scroll down to Send/Receive and click on it and drag itto the tool bar.

Readd your email account in outlook:

Follow the steps in my previous reply but add the account.

Create new Outlook profile:

How to create and configure an e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-15-2009 09:41 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author LauraK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

OK per your suggestion I added a profile, tested the settings and it is working now. However I don't know how to transfer all the emails , contacts, etc. in the other profile to the new one - could you direct me to the right Knowedge Base to be able to do that? I thank you so very much for your kind assistance! Laura

Heres a Microsft article that explains how to import your emails to the new profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

I've added Kudos and Solved to the posts - I will research this article and thanks again for your monitoring my status with this issue! It's so wonderful having someone like you in the ACT community! Laura