Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After SAGE ACT! Update, Outlook 2010 locks up

After SAGE ACT! Update, Outlook 2010 locks up

A while back after installing ACT! 2013 Pro, I had an issue where my Oulook 2010 on a Windws 7 Professional system would lock up; someone on here suggested a series of updates and everything worked until today.  I chose to update ACT! and it upgraded it to Version 15.1.108.0 but now my Outlook 2010 is locking up again.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: After SAGE ACT! Update, Outlook 2010 locks up

So the Community members can better assist you, can you provide some additional information:
- Is there a particular function within Outlook that is locking up?
- Are there any messages about the ACT! Address book when launching Outlook?
- If this is a shared database, are any other users experiencing the same thing?
Greg Martin
Sage

In Outlook, it seems to lock up when sending/receiving messages but can also just lock up when not doing that as well.  There was a message when I first updated it but that went away after the update was run.  No, it is not a shared database - just on one system

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello bigdtechnology,
Try removing then re-adding the ACT! address in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Where do I find that at?  When I rebooted my system today, that same error message came up as before - The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured or the configured database is locked

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

In ACT!:
Go to Tools > Preferences > Outlook Email & Calendar Sync tab > Email System Setup. In the wizard, uncheck Microsoft Outlook as the email system. Close ACT!

In Outlook:
File tab > Account Settings > Address Books tab. Remove the ACT! Address book. Close Outlook

Registry keys:
Go to your Windows Start button and type "regedit" in the Search box. In the registry editor, click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key. Drill down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookAddressBooks. Delete the 1, 2, and 3 subkeys underneath. Right-click on the OutlookAddressBooks key and select New > Key. Name this key "1". Repeat twice, naming the new keys "2" and "3". Close the registry editor.

ACT!:
Reopen ACT! go back to Email System Setup in Preferences, check Microsoft Outlook and complete the wizard to add your address book back

Outlook:
Reopen Outlook and you should not get the address book error

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.