Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Query

Advanced Query

I have a field that has numbers in it like 1,2,14,12. If I try to do a advanced lookup and want to pull 2 numbers like say 2, 14. I get any one that has a 2 or 14 plus anyone that has a 1 and maybe not even 2 or 14. It looks like it is pulling the 1 from the 14. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to only get 2 and 14 and not also 1.

Type=Contact

Field Name=E-blast

Operator=Contains

Value=2

Or

Type=Contact

Field Name=E-blast

Operator=Contains

Value=14

End

Thank you

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Advanced Query

Hello Rdavis,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Try changing your operators to 'Equals=' instead of 'Contains'.  That way it will look for exact matches.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that but I get no answers when I do that even though I now that 2 and 14 is out there. Do I need it to say and or do I have it say or. Any ideas I appreciate.

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

You will want it to be set to 'OR', so that it returns values of '2' OR '14'.  'AND' will require that both values be present in the field.

Not sure why it isn't isolating them for you, but you can double check them by customizing the Contact List view.  To do this:

- Lookup menu > All Contacts (now on List view)

- View menu > Customize

- move your field from the left to the right column > move it up the list if desired

- click OK

- now your field will be displayed on the Contact List and you can sort by the column by clicking on the heading

Greg Martin
Sage