Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Query

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Advanced Query

I set up contacts under the field "Referred By" as Principal and Personal. I have my personal contacts, such as my dentist, listed in Referred By as "personal".

I am trying to create an Advanced Query to NOT have those two Referred By contacts come up in a Query.

I set up the Query this way and those contacts are still being listed.

Type = Contacts

Field Name = Referred By

Operator = Does Not Contain

Value = Personal

And/Or = Or

(Next line)

Type = Contacts

Field Name = Referred By

Operator = Does Not Contain

Value = Principal

End

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Advanced Query

Try using the "Not Equal To" operator instead...it's not as fuzzy as "Does Not Contain". And make sure the values in your query exactly match the ones used in the field. If you are not using a dropdown for the Referred By field, I would do so. Also, are these the only two lines in your query, or are they part of a larger query?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try using the "Not Equal To" operator instead...it's not as fuzzy as "Does Not Contain". And make sure the values in your query exactly match the ones used in the field. If you are not using a dropdown for the Referred By field, I would do so. Also, are these the only two lines in your query, or are they part of a larger query?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

That did the trick! I only had those two lines in the query. (Not part of a larger query. And, yes, I do have drop down lists set up in the Referred By field. (Makes it easier when createing queries.