Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Query - one contact name per company?

Advanced Query - one contact name per company?

Is there a way to only select one name per company using the advanced query?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Advanced Query - one contact name per company?

Hello cguske,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I regards to your question, what are exactly are you looking to query? You can do contact queries and company queries.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greg... I've got a contact query set-up to pull an email list to use with Swiftpage and I need to narrow the list down and thought it would be perfect if I could have it pull just the first contact record when the company is the same.

Silver Contributor

There is not a automatic way within aCT to do this. Your best bet would be to use Tag mode within the contact list. Of if you need to do this all the time. create a mailing list check box and check the contacts that should get the email.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know of way for the query to know only to use the first contact in a company. You would need to use a field or group to single out that contact...then you could run your query against that.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.