Do you mean 

Advanced Query help...

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Advanced Query help...

[ Edited ]

I am keying in the following Advanced Query:

Last Attempt = Today (today is September 4)

I assumed that it would return ONLY the Last Attempt contacts from the current day but instead I get results that include the previous day (September 3) and the current day.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Advanced Query help...

P.S.  I do agree that it should be fixed though.  Go ahead and fill out a bug submission when you get a chance.

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

I believe that it uses GMT Greenwich time instead of adjusting for the login user's timezone.  I noticed it quite some time ago and should have posted a bug submission but I didn't.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Stan

Unbelievable, this is very disappointing. I have created a number or saved Queries that are time sensitive (send email to contacts who I have tried to reach on the phone - "Last Attempt" "Today".

I am no expert but this appears to be a HUGE bug to those of us using Dynamic Queries?

Anyone have the same problem and is there a work around?

David

Silver Super Contributor

It isn't really a big deal unless what you are attempting to look up falls within the window of time that you are off of GMT.  That is probably why there haven't been more people complaining about it.  For example in my timezone I am GMT-6 so anything done after 6 PM will appear to be tomorrow on some lookups.  Since most of what I do is done between 8 AM and 6 PM lookups would show today's date.  It is only when I am working late at night that it occasionally causes issues.  For example the other evening I was creating contacts and some of them were created after GMT 0:00 so they appeared to be created on a different day.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

P.S.  I do agree that it should be fixed though.  Go ahead and fill out a bug submission when you get a chance.

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks,

I am in the Eastern Time Zone (4 hours ahead), so I guess I'll be fine up to 8:00 p.m. my time?

Hope the new owners fix it.

David

Copper Contributor

Will do.

Where does one fill out a "bug submission"?

Copper Contributor

Hello Stan,

Just tried it again and I am afraid that the time zone discrepancy is not the problem. I am in the EST (2:30 p.m.) and Act is in GMT (6:30 p.m.).

A Query of "Call Attempted" & "Today" returns results from both today and yesterday.

Any ideas...

Silver Super Contributor

Try using the date instead of Today.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

If you have a support contract and you call technical support they will fill out one for you.  If you don't let me know and I'll call them and get a case started on the issue.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com