Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Preferences for Outlook/Google Sync Doesn't Work

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Advanced Preferences for Outlook/Google Sync Doesn't Work

Windows 10 and Pro 20 v6 update. The update finally worked right after the past 3 being difficult. At least in v5 I was not able to do the Advanced Preferences selection in Google or Outlook. I'm not sure on prior or when it stopped working. It is not working still in v6. I'm not getting all the info I need. The window is fine. I can make other selections but this ONE button will not work. Please advise. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎07-05-2018 10:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Advanced Preferences for Outlook/Google Sync Doesn't Work

If you're connected to the internet while installing the latest version, any update should automatically be applied as part of the installation. I appreciate that it can be a real pain to have to do a reinstall though, so I hope it goes well for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

What happens when you click the button, do you get an error message, a blank window, or nothing at all?
Skilled Commentator

Just nothing. It will flash like it has been clicked but nothing.
Administrator

If you haven't already, try reinstalling Act, ensuring that your Antivirus/Firewall software has all relevant exceptions - and that you're installing with full administrator rights.

The outlook settings page runs as a seperate executable from the rest of the Act program, so it's possible it's being blocked from running - or was blocked from installing in the first place.
Skilled Commentator

I totally hate that answer. Nothing personal of course. I always just seem to have problems with Act. It worked fine not so long ago. This is far more work than should be. The full administrator rights have always been "on" but I've never been able to update from wihtin the program because I apparently don't have them. I guess I have no choice though and will give it a try when I have time. With all the updates I am not looking forward to it. Thanks.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎07-05-2018 10:51 AM
Administrator

If you're connected to the internet while installing the latest version, any update should automatically be applied as part of the installation. I appreciate that it can be a real pain to have to do a reinstall though, so I hope it goes well for you.

Skilled Commentator

Thanks. The updates always give me an administrator error so I have to do them manually. It took me forever to do all up to the 6th most recent. So it is just never easy then activating and all the rest. I'll have to find two hours for it I'm sure. I just wish the program worked the way it should I've used it for probably 10 years and at some point, something like this always happens and I don't even use it close to capacity anymore with everything it does.