Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advance Product list management

Advance Product list management

Hello all, i am new to act! that i found very interesting since i'm trying the trial version.

I am the MAnager of the trading department of my company, so i deal a lot with suppliers and clients.

So far the trial version is perfect to manage my contacts but i would like to know if there is a more advance module that provides advance products management features, like details product list bind to Suppliers so when an opportunity occures i would just have to select the supplier, select the products in the product list and price list associate with that supplier and generate a quote or invoice, that i would send to my clients

Thx for your help 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Advance Product list management

Maybe put all the products in with the first couple of letters of the Product Name to identify the Supplier?

Yes i thought of that but my products are tires.

The important datas about tires are the following: Sizes, patterns,qty per container, and prices.

All those datas have to be sort by suppliers.

So obviously, methodologicaly speaking, the object "Product" need its own table that i could link to each supplier in my company list.

Or Maybe an option to Add custom fields in the product management list.

I'm not sure Natively ACT!2008 have this option.

Is there any Add-ons that could make the trick ?

This is the option that would definily make my buy the product that i think is yet pretty good 

Platinum Elite Contributor

I can't think of a way to do this ... and don't know an add-on that does it already.

It might be possible to create an add-on with the additional functions, but it wouldn't be cheap... if you think it would be popular, you could pay an add-on developer to create it and then share the profits on the sales to recover the costs. We do things like this for users.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

This is my problem exactly.  The export function works great except that I cannot divide my pipeline by product.  I need to be able to see how much of each product I am forecasting for each month.  The only solution I have found is to add a new opportunity for each client for each product but this is a poor solution at best.  There must be an answer for this basic issue.