Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Administrator Logon and Password

Administrator Logon and Password

I have Act 8.02 and inadvertently changed a user to normal where I cannot manage users or backup or do any admin functions.  I have one license but two users set up.  I would like to log on and change the user to inactive and use the other user.  my bad

Re: Administrator Logon and Password

When creating a database, it will ask for you to define a user name.  In most cases its your first and last name.  Try different variations of your name or common user names that you could of used.

ACT! Username or Password Recovery

I probably didn't express myself correctly.  I have a user set up who I log in as.  I changed the user properties to Standard and cannot now Backup the database or perform any administrative functions for the database.  I have a one user license and have another user set up who is an administrator, but can't login with that user.  I need to make the original user inactive.  I know there must be an administrator back door where I can do this.  I hope this is clearer.  It is imperative I can use the backup, import and export features of this particular database.

Thanks,

You will need to contact database services.