Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Admin account security setting changed, now no admin account

Admin account security setting changed, now no admin account

The system decided to place a naem on my admin user account of one of our clients, so I was attempting to create a new admin account with propoer naming.  I changed the security settings for the original admin user account to limited.  Now the system won't let me switch user accounts to the new admin and I only have 1 user account (my old admin account) that only has limited security access.  eeeck!  I don't have an admin security level account anymore.  Any clue how to fix this?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Admin account security setting changed, now no admin account

Hello Curestartsnow,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Because you only have the 1 license, there are basically 2 options to resolve this situation:

1. Restore your database from a backup created prior to the change in user access.

Note: This may be an issue depending on how much data has been changed since the backup was created.  But you can use the Restore As option to create a new database and then import changes from the original database into the new one.

2. Contact either ACT! technical support or an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) for assistance.  ACT! technical support provides support for the 3 most recent versions of ACT! (currently 2012, 2011, 2010) and the phone number is 800-927-3989.  To locate an ACC, visit this web page: Locate an ACC

Greg Martin
Sage