Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adjusting the notes columns

Copper Contributor

Adjusting the notes columns

I have been an ACT user since 1986, and never encounter this problem.  I am using version 9.01, and use the Notes a lot.  Today, the Regarding column, which contains the actual note, got pushed out and elongated all the way to the right....so far that I have no way to re-adjust the column.  In the past I could "grab" the column with my cursor and just drag it to make it wider or slimmer, but there doesn't seem to be anything to grab.   I don't know what I did, nor how to fix it....I've tried to add and remove other columns to try and make the adjustment, but that's not working.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  Carl

Bronze Contributor

Re: Adjusting the notes columns

Carl it may be that your preferences have become corrupted.

If you go to Start, run and type in actdiag there is an option to delete the local preferences and this should then solve your problem as it is one of these files which controls the column widths

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I'm traveling now, but will try this in about a week, when I return.  Carl

Bronze Contributor

There are some specific files for views stored in the preferences folder but felt it was better to give you the easy method of resetting.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.