Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

Tuned Listener

Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

Hello,

I need/want to add "other" to the current History Summary Classic report because track a lot of emails that we send through here.  I can not seem to figure out how to edit this template to show other histories entered.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Re: Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

I am not sure if I should have reply to this post but I have the same request.  Also it would be great to have the columns have a total at the end.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unless you are using a template from the early ACT! 2005 version, totals do print at the end.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Platinum Super Contributor

The way the History Classic report is coded it requires a specific value in the Result column to collect totals, such as 'Meeting Held' or 'Call Completed', you won't be able to use a generic value to accummulate a total for 'everything else'.  

The easiest way to update the History Classic report is to replace un-necessary columns with one(s) you desire.  This requires going into the Template Editor (under Reports > Edit Template) and making changes to the report scripting.  Once you open the History Summary Classic report in the Report Designer, you will need to create a copy of the report by using the File > Save As option.  Once saved with a new name, this new report will be the one you update and run.

Important Note - these are changes that are not supported by the Act! Customer Support group.  If you are unfamiliar with the report designer, I recommend you review this article before attempting to update your report: Manage Act! reports.  Also be sure to perform the Save As step to ensure that the original copy of the report remains intact.

To update the report:

- open Reports > Edit Template > select the History Summary Classic report

- create a work copy of the report: File > Save As - give it a new name

- on the main screen you will see the headings for the columns > you can double click on the individual headings and enter in the new appropriate value

- below the headings you will see a section called 'subreport(histories)' > double click on that gray area

- you will now see a new view and you will see the 'Detail' section - you'll need to drag the line below it to expand the detail section just enough to be able to click in it

- now left click in the detail window (to select the area) and then right click and select 'Edit Report Script' from the menu

- on this new window you will update the appropriate 'value' to be the desired value.  For example, you can change 'Call Completed' to 'Fax Sent'

- click on OK to save the change > collapse the Detail section

- close and save the new report file and run it to test the changes  

Greg Martin
Sage

can you add a 5th column by repeating similar programning to the script?

Yes but it involves several different scripts and several other additions to the template. My custom report package includes both a f-column and an 8-column version of the history summar classic report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert

I'll bite, how much is the report package?  what else is included?

smakatura@atienteprises.edu

The informations available on our web site.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Copper Contributor

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for "E-mail Sent" in the history. I suppose this is because it is stored as something else.

Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for "E-mail Sent" in the history. I suppose this is because it is stored as something else.

Any ideas?