02-08-2010 12:31 PM
I need/want to add "other" to the current History Summary Classic report because track a lot of emails that we send through here. I can not seem to figure out how to edit this template to show other histories entered. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
02-09-2010 08:10 AM
02-09-2010 08:38 AM
The way the History Classic report is coded it requires a specific value in the Result column to collect totals, such as 'Meeting Held' or 'Call Completed', you won't be able to use a generic value to accummulate a total for 'everything else'.
The easiest way to update the History Classic report is to replace un-necessary columns with one(s) you desire. This requires going into the Template Editor (under Reports > Edit Template) and making changes to the report scripting. Once you open the History Summary Classic report in the Report Designer, you will need to create a copy of the report by using the File > Save As option. Once saved with a new name, this new report will be the one you update and run.
Important Note - these are changes that are not supported by the Act! Customer Support group. If you are unfamiliar with the report designer, I recommend you review this article before attempting to update your report: Manage Act! reports. Also be sure to perform the Save As step to ensure that the original copy of the report remains intact.
To update the report:
- open Reports > Edit Template > select the History Summary Classic report
- create a work copy of the report: File > Save As - give it a new name
- on the main screen you will see the headings for the columns > you can double click on the individual headings and enter in the new appropriate value
- below the headings you will see a section called 'subreport(histories)' > double click on that gray area
- you will now see a new view and you will see the 'Detail' section - you'll need to drag the line below it to expand the detail section just enough to be able to click in it
- now left click in the detail window (to select the area) and then right click and select 'Edit Report Script' from the menu
- on this new window you will update the appropriate 'value' to be the desired value. For example, you can change 'Call Completed' to 'Fax Sent'
- click on OK to save the change > collapse the Detail section
- close and save the new report file and run it to test the changes
10-12-2010 02:15 PM
Yes but it involves several different scripts and several other additions to the template. My custom report package includes both a f-column and an 8-column version of the history summar classic report.
10-12-2010 03:06 PM
The informations available on our web site.