Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

Tuned Listener

Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

Hello,

I need/want to add "other" to the current History Summary Classic report because track a lot of emails that we send through here.  I can not seem to figure out how to edit this template to show other histories entered.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Re: Adding "other" to the History Summary Classic Report

I am not sure if I should have reply to this post but I have the same request.  Also it would be great to have the columns have a total at the end.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unless you are using a template from the early ACT! 2005 version, totals do print at the end.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

The way the History Classic report is coded it requires a specific value in the Result column to collect totals, such as 'Meeting Held' or 'Call Completed', you won't be able to use a generic value to accummulate a total for 'everything else'.  

The easiest way to update the History Classic report is to replace un-necessary columns with one(s) you desire.  This requires going into the Template Editor (under Reports > Edit Template) and making changes to the report scripting.  Once you open the History Summary Classic report in the Report Designer, you will need to create a copy of the report by using the File > Save As option.  Once saved with a new name, this new report will be the one you update and run.

Important Note - these are changes that are not supported by the Act! Customer Support group.  If you are unfamiliar with the report designer, I recommend you review this article before attempting to update your report: Manage Act! reports.  Also be sure to perform the Save As step to ensure that the original copy of the report remains intact.

To update the report:

- open Reports > Edit Template > select the History Summary Classic report

- create a work copy of the report: File > Save As - give it a new name

- on the main screen you will see the headings for the columns > you can double click on the individual headings and enter in the new appropriate value

- below the headings you will see a section called 'subreport(histories)' > double click on that gray area

- you will now see a new view and you will see the 'Detail' section - you'll need to drag the line below it to expand the detail section just enough to be able to click in it

- now left click in the detail window (to select the area) and then right click and select 'Edit Report Script' from the menu

- on this new window you will update the appropriate 'value' to be the desired value.  For example, you can change 'Call Completed' to 'Fax Sent'

- click on OK to save the change > collapse the Detail section

- close and save the new report file and run it to test the changes  

Greg Martin
Sage

can you add a 5th column by repeating similar programning to the script?

Yes but it involves several different scripts and several other additions to the template. My custom report package includes both a f-column and an 8-column version of the history summar classic report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'll bite, how much is the report package?  what else is included?

smakatura@atienteprises.edu

The informations available on our web site.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for "E-mail Sent" in the history. I suppose this is because it is stored as something else.

Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for "E-mail Sent" in the history. I suppose this is because it is stored as something else.

Any ideas?