Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding "Opportunity Name" to quotes

Adding "Opportunity Name" to quotes

When creating a quote, I would the opportunity name to automatically be entered into the quote form.  When I try to edit the form, "Opportunity Name" is not in the field list.  How can I edit the form to include the opportunity name in every quote?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Adding "Opportunity Name" to quotes

Hello Bryndis,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

When editing the Quote template (Quote.adt) you can only access Contact fields, the Opportunity fields are not available.  As a work-around, you could create a new contact field in which to manually add a quote name, and add this new contact field to your Quote template.

If you'd like to submit this as a feature request, it can be done through the Share Your Ideas forum.  Once submitted other community members have the ability to add comments and give Kudos.

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

If the built in Quote Template withing ACT doesn't meet your needs, take a look at an Add In Product that will give you this and many more options.

www.Quotewerks.com

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Super Contributor

We have developed an add-on for ACT! called Opportunity List Plus for ACT!. This add-on has the ability to pull any field from the contact, company, groups and or opportunity table into the quote templates. It also has the ability to design multiple templates and select any one at any time.

You can download the free trial here: http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-OpportunityListPlus.aspx

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin