Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding multiple files to document tab takes A MIGHTY LONG TIME

Nickel Contributor

Adding multiple files to document tab takes A MIGHTY LONG TIME

I just tried a add muliple files(about 80) to the document tab at once and it took about 5 minutes and froze everything else in the process.  I have ACT! 2010.  Can any give me an explantion as to why?  I would think some medium size companies would be spinning in their seat having steam in their ears trying to use the document tab (as I did).

Pat

Bronze Contributor

Re: Adding multiple files to document tab takes A MIGHTY LONG TIME

Hello patgenn123,

First of all, let me say that I am not an engineer or technician.

When I opened your post, I was going to say that I haven't experienced this kind of problem; however, I have never tried to add that many at the same time.  I frequently add 1 to maybe 10 documents at the same time.  These documents generally come from the same directory as well.  So, for smaller number of documents, you shouldn't run into that problem. BTW, have you run the hotfix for 2010?  I don't know if that will help, but it certainly helped me with other problems I was having.

I am curious as to what CRM circumstance is being supported by adding 80 documents at one time?  The tab certainly will not show that many docs at one time, so finding the document that you will need to open can present its own challenges, I would suspect.

Sorry I didn't have an answer for you, but I am interested in what you are doing.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013