Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding images to contacts, or link to image file accessible within contact screen

Adding images to contacts, or link to image file accessible within contact screen

I want to be able to store an image file, usually jpg, with each contact. The image files vary in size. (image of an advertisement, unique to each contact, and in cases, more than one) Is there any way to create a field wihtin the contact form, where I can store a link to the specific image file for that contact (or multiple files) that when clicked, will open the image file with an external image viewer application, such as IrfanView, or any other image viewer? I can put an image field in the form now, but the images are of newpaper and yellow page ads, some as big as the contact screen itself.

OR

Is there some way to creat a custom script for a field, so I can store an image by just creating an image field, and when clicked, will open the image full size?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Adding images to contacts, or link to image file accessible within contact screen

Field triggers could be used to open a specific program or to initiate an activity series, however it will not AFAIK open a specific file. Perhaps placing this images in the documents tab would be an adequate work around.

Re: Adding images to contacts, or link to image file accessible within contact screen

In order to solve your problem, you should refer to some professional image viewing SDKs for help, I suppose. You can check its free trial first and do as its tutorials about how to create web-based image viewer or how to create Windows image viewer using C#.NET. I also suggest you choose one whose way of processing is simple and fast. It can save you a lot of time. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron