Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding fields to ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Adding fields to ACT

I have just added a field and label to the contact page but I can't figure out how to open the  field so I can populate it. Any suggestions?

Thaqnks for your help.

Wayne Nyffeler 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Adding fields to ACT

There are 2 steps to adding a field to the Act! database and your Layout.  From your description, it sounds like the first step was not successful.

- The first step is to define your field to the database.  This is done through the Tools > Define Fields option.  At this point, the field is part of the database but is not visible on the Layout.  Here are instructions: Manage Act! fields

- The second step is to add it to your layout for viewing and populating with data.

Here are the instructions: Design Layouts

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

There are 2 steps to adding a field to the Act! database and your Layout.  From your description, it sounds like the first step was not successful.

- The first step is to define your field to the database.  This is done through the Tools > Define Fields option.  At this point, the field is part of the database but is not visible on the Layout.  Here are instructions: Manage Act! fields

- The second step is to add it to your layout for viewing and populating with data.

Here are the instructions: Design Layouts

Greg Martin
Sage

It worked. Thanks

Wayne Nyffeler