Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding contacts that attended an event and later searching for that specific event

Adding contacts that attended an event and later searching for that specific event

I haven’t used ACT! in a while, and I want to use it for the consulting business I started. I want to add a number of contacts that have common characteristics.

1. How do I add contacts that I met at a chamber event? They are in a spreadsheet, and there are about 30 of them.
  2. How do I easily note that all of them attended the event, without entering each contact individually?
  3. At a later date, how do I search for all of the people who attended the chamber event?
  4. For prospecting purposes, if I look at a prospect’s web site, how do I note that a company would be a good prospect for a specific service that I offer?
  5. Then, how would I search for all of the prospects that would benefit from a specific service that I offer?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Adding contacts that attended an event and later searching for that specific event

Members of the Community may certainly have other suggestions, but here are some ideas:

The basic idea is that you need a way to record information and then perform searches.

Create a field in your database to record where met/event name.  Within your spreadsheet, add a column for this new field and enter the desired event name.  When you import the contacts the field will be updated appropriately.

When you want to determine the contacts you met at a particular event, perform a Lookup on the where met/event field with the appropriate event name.  Your Contact List will now show all of the matching contacts.

As for prospecting through websites and how to record possibilities: 

Again, create a new field > possibly with a drop-down list of your products/services and as you view websites - update the field accordingly.  You can then perform a Lookup on the field to list prospects.

Here is an article with instructions for creating fields: KB Article 15335

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Adding contacts that attended an event and later searching for that specific event

Thanks so much I appreciate it. I will try it.

Chelle