Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding activity and searching by first name.

Adding activity and searching by first name.

Act! 2010.

Is there any possible way to search contacts by FIRST NAME? PLEASE!!

I'm trying to add a new activity in the calendar, and when selecting which contacts to assign with the activity, I can only search by LAST NAME. Why?! I never remember people's last name....

how do I search by first name? PLEASE??!?!?!!?!?

thanks!

Man Happy

Silver Contributor

Re: Adding activity and searching by first name.

Lookup, First name?

IF nothing show up, then it is likely you have a bad import (you imported into contact, but not to first name.  Let me know which one it is.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

yes. Thanks! Lookup is easy. but I'm talking about the contact field when adding a new activity in the calendar. How can I do that?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately a first name search there isn't available. I would suggest that you made a feature request.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy!

Silver Contributor

Certainly a feature request would be in order, but in the mean time (at the risk of sounding patronizing), might I sugest you lookup the contact before going to the calendar.  Your contact will pop right up. Even if the first name was an option here, the dialog box is much more cumbersome. Sorry I misred your post the first time.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

rdolmat,

I agree with Jon, that if you are try to find a contact by first name, then lookup the contact first and schedule the activity for them. In addition, you can also look up a group of contacts, highlight the ones you want on the contact list, then right-click and schedule an activity. This will add all the selected contacts to that activity. This is if you are trying to schedule one activity for multiple contacts.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Excellent suggestions!!! thanks everyone!! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

But what about the "relate contact" window (under contact relationships?

how's that work if we want to search first name? Do we have to do a major 12-click workaround for that? maybe search the contact name, write it on paper, then go back and get the other contact, open the relate window, look at paper and search by last name, and then finally connect the contacts?

Smiley Sad

Unfortunately with the Relationships, there is no other option than to search by the last name. If you have an idea as to how you would like to see the functionality work better for you, please post it on the Share Your Ideas board in this forum for our product managers to review.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.