Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding a remote laptop user

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Adding a remote laptop user

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4 running on a Windows 2003 server (SP2)  with 5 wired networked PC's all running XP Pro SP3, one remote user laptop running XP Pro (SP3) remotely syncing. I need to add another remote user laptop that will remotely synch with the main database on the server. I only had 6 licenses so I purchased another one and added it to the main database on the server. When I look at the "activated serial numbers" it shows the original 6 licenses and the one I added. Now what do I do with the new laptop user? I installed the ACT program on the new laptop and when ACT asked for an activation code what do I put in? Or have I screwed this up by adding the additional license to the main database on the server?

What is the correct procedure?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Adding a remote laptop user

You should be able to add it there to.  I"m not sure where you purchased it from since it's discontinued software.  Just saying because there is a chance if you just purchased it that it's bootleg or already registered and someone just sold something that they already replaced. YOu may have issues if that is the case.  If it's a legit copy, you should be fine as long as your machines meet the system requirements for 2009

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Adding a remote laptop user

You should be able to add it there to.  I"m not sure where you purchased it from since it's discontinued software.  Just saying because there is a chance if you just purchased it that it's bootleg or already registered and someone just sold something that they already replaced. YOu may have issues if that is the case.  If it's a legit copy, you should be fine as long as your machines meet the system requirements for 2009

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider