Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding Label fields

Adding Label fields

I have a database that has first name, last name and nothing in contacts.  When I add first name. last name to the 5160 label, nothing prints.  Can someone please share a solution, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Adding Label fields

I believe you have to have the contact field filled in which is made up of a First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name.

I don't print a lot of labels, so it would be best to check on a small number of test labels.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Employee

Hi,
Usually Contact field is a combination of First, middle and last name.
In this case if the contact field is empty and you have contacts in first name and last name alone, then that usually means they must be user created fields or there must be a different field name.
Could you please confirm did you create the fields first name and last name? And if possible if you can right click on the field, it will say lookup followed by the field name. Can you tell if it says First name and Last name exactly?

Thank you
Platinum Elite Contributor

PDXACTUSER had contacted me offline and his problem did involve his adding his own first and last name fields to the database. Hw was going to remove the fields he created and redo the import to make sure the fields were mapped correct.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you all for your comments.  I ended up taking the data in excel and combining the cells to create a new contact field using the concatenation function.