Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding Information to an existing Field to multiple contacts

Copper Contributor

Adding Information to an existing Field to multiple contacts

Hi,

I want to add information into one of my user fields , but for multiple contacts .

Is there a way to do this all at once or do I have to do it individually.

Silver Contributor

Re: Adding Information to an existing Field to multiple contacts

Do a lookup first of the contacts you want to update.  (maie sure you don't do this to the whole database), then you can use Edit Replace to push data into a specific field accros you lookup.

Edit and Replace, and Delete Contacts are two commands for which there is no UNDO. So make sure you understand the process before pushing GO.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

What if I am only adding to the existing information? Also when Edit replace opens the two drop downs does it know that it's only to update information in the current look up?

Copper Contributor

I am sorry did you reply, I received an email that you did. Invalid Parameters ? Nothing else.

Platinum Super Contributor

I did reply, and then noticed Jon's reply with the same information. So I removed the post.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks, But he didn't answer my question.

What if I am only adding to the existing information? will this remove other information in that field. Also when Edit replace opens the two drop downs does it know that it's only to update information in the current look up?

Copper Contributor

If you use the Edit, Replace, it will overwrite whatever is currently in the field.  If you want to add additional information to a field that already has info, you would have to include that info in what you are replacing.  If you have the same info in a field on a number of contact records you can do a lookup of those records and when replacing, include the existing info.  If each record has a different existing data before the replace you will have to do each one individually.

The edit, replace will only replace info on the records that are in the Current Lookup.

Donna Freedman

Success Analytics

ACT! Certified Consultant, Premier Trainer, Platinum Reseller

877-651-0262

dfreedman@successanalytics.com

Donna Freedman

D Freedman Consulting LLC
508 651 0262
dfreedman@dfreedmanconsulting.com