Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding Field To Visible Space On Contact Screen

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Adding Field To Visible Space On Contact Screen

Ver 11, Act 2009

The layout resolution (basic contact 1024 X 768) I have selected leaves a lot of space to the right of the standard contact colums.  I would like to add a text box there,

When I went into the design layout mode, it seems that I can click and make the area larger, but when I drop a field there it will not stay. 

Also when I enlarge the view, the background color doesn't expand with it.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Adding Field To Visible Space On Contact Screen

John,

Try going back to the layout designed and display the properties (F4).  Find Layout (Form) in the drop down list and you should be able to change the width manually.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

John

The background color on the standard layout is provided by bitmap image. In the layout designer, view the properties panel and click on the background and you would be able to delete the image. I believe that may resolve part of your problem. Just be sure to save the modified layout with t different name. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Roy, thanks for your reply. 

I guess I am more technology challenged than I thought.  I beleive I followed your advice, but was unable to either find the right place to click or follow your tip correctly.  I think I found the properties, but I didn't see where I could delete the image. 

Is there a knowledge base article that could help?

As always, thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

John Purdy
Platinum Elite Contributor

John

I think I mislead you due to working from memory rather than checking. Once you get the layout editor open with the preferences panel showing, click somewhere on the upperpart of the layout but not on a field. At the top of the properties panel it should show something like PanelDetail(Panel). Below that in the Appearance section you should see properties for Bachground Color and Background Image. If the Image property does not say (none), delete what is in that property and then see if that allows you to use the blank part of the panel.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Roy, thanks for the additional feedback.  I'm afraid that this is a request that exceeds what one should expect to receive on a free forum like this.  I think it is something that requires the knowledge of a consultant, like yourself.  Unfortunately, I am a rogue user and not funded for consulting.

I want to thank you for trying to help me, but I'm afraid I must not have explained it clearly, and I'm not sure what else I could do.

If this is a challenge, then maybe you can eMail me directly; otherwise, please accept my personal thanks for trying to guide me through. 

John Purdy
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

John,

Try going back to the layout designed and display the properties (F4).  Find Layout (Form) in the drop down list and you should be able to change the width manually.