Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding ACT 2012 clients fails

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Adding ACT 2012 clients fails

Hi,

I have ACT! 2012 installed on a Server 2008 R2 box with SQL 2008 R2 Express, we have been running two windows 7 clients for a while now using the shared database .pad files with no issues.

We recently purchased 2 more licenses and I installed ACT 2012 on two more clients, when I try and opne the .pad file i get the message.

"The database you are opening must be updated to a newer version of ACT (This may take several minutes) Before updating the database ensure a recent backup is available. Would you like to backup the database now?"

If I say yes, and try and update it fails with an error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo,Version 10.0.0.0, Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

If anyone can shed any light on why this is occuring I'd be very grateful

Regards

Alistair

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author awillimont
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Adding ACT 2012 clients fails

Install hot fix 2 on the server and update the database from there.  Then try to open the shared database from the new workstations.

How to Download and Apply Sage ACT! 2012 Hot Fix 2

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author awillimont
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Install hot fix 2 on the server and update the database from there.  Then try to open the shared database from the new workstations.

How to Download and Apply Sage ACT! 2012 Hot Fix 2

Many thanks David, that sorted it.

Regards

Alistair
Bronze Super Contributor

I've just had this same error,

using Sage ACT! Pro 2012 SP1.

What has resolved this for me was running the securityCmdLnApp from ACTDIAG per this public KB article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28169/

However it kept giving me an odd error that made no sense, and the ACC KB article here:

https://partners.sagenorthamerica.com/irj/go/km/docs/sageKM/ACT!%20by%20Sage/Channel%20Partners/255-...

offered no help with this,

in the end, I found that the Windows Security permissions for the .ADF and the .ALF files needed to be reset, in this case, giving EVERYONE, FULL CONTROL. This then let me run the instructions in KB 28169, which then let me attach the DB to the SQL instance, and the sky turned blue, the roses bloomed and life became happy again. Smiley Happy

Ben.