Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add on High Impact eMail for ACT 2009?

Add on High Impact eMail for ACT 2009?

Oops, I just purchased this product not thinking to look if it was compatible for the lastest version of ACT. Well, it looks like I'll have to return it. I have been looking at the trial version and it looks like a good product if it could work with ACT 2009. I regularly email an e-newsletter to about 100 clients each month. On a few occasions, I will send about 400 at a time. I have designed templates in ACT, but they don't look so great.

Questions:

1. Is there any way to keep this product and make it work with ACT 2009?

2. Any suggestions as to where to go from here? I don't want to lock into expensive email remote services and can control email counts by sending in batches through my ISP. This is not a problem. I need a product that makes nice emails to mail merge with ACT in one step (easy and fast).

Thanks so much!

Re: Add on High Impact eMail for ACT 2009?

Well, the real question is: Is anyone familiar with the add-on products for email templates that would work with ACT 2009? Just Swiftpage????? I don't want a service, just the templates!
Nickel Contributor

If your just looking for templates, can you just purchase those from templatezone and then use them in your own mail merge program?  Ive not looked at high impact mail up close so that might not be possible. 

I currently use SAM and Mail Merge from www.crmaddons.com and its wokring reasonably well for me for the time being.  I like the mail merge program. Its simple to use and can send combos of html and text emails so my subscribers dont get messages full of the dreaded red X.  SAM handles the drip marketing and other campaigns.

Im beginning to reach the limit though.  I have to send email in batches of 9 with a minute interval to deal with my ISP's spam controls. NOt a quick process so i leave it to do its thing overnight. Im playing around with the free subscription to swiftpage right now and will compare it to what i have once ive gotten used to it. The biggest hurdle is that swiftpage is subscription based versus my current system which is paid for.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Yes, I would say I'm just looking for templates for now. Not only the red x is irritaing with ACT but the fact that a neatly constructed (at least I thought when I edited the template) newsletter looses it's formatting somewhat and spreads out over the entire screen when opening the Email (Outlook 2003 interface). My logo always gets a red x too. It's just sloppy looking.

I will keep an eye out on what you are doing and see how it goes for you. I know Swiftpage is subscription based and I don't think I need it (yet!). I'm happy you found another program that I will look into once I see what your conclusions are with Swiftpage. I'm in the Atl metro area too and on Monday, just sent out about 100 emails out in one batch - it's with att. I forgot to split it up in my usual 60-90 batches, but it worked fine this last time. What provider did you use? If I had to send in batches of 9, I would have signed up with Swiftpage a long time ago, but it's not my case.

Back to the 100 batch I sent: I constructed a one liner ACT email template telling the sender to click on the HTM newsletter attachment that I constructed with High Impact(trial) then saved it as HTM.  That's way too tedious. The attachment was nice, but I think it should be only one step-client opens email and it's all there. When you use SAM, how does it interface with ACT (2009)? Is there a button? Do you use mail merge, scroll to the template ( -where?) and send? What do you mean by combo text and html? I thought you can only send one or the other...

Should I just return the unopened package to Sage Software containing High Impact and get a refund?

Mimi Silva

Marietta, GA

Here goes, I'm replying to myself again... I just got notice back from Template Zone. Bad news, GREAT NEWS. Read on:

Hello Mimi,

Unfortunately, High Impact eMail 4.0 is not compatible with ACT! 2009. We plan to release a new version, version 5, in the next month or two. High Impact eMail 5 will be compatible with ACT! 2009. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

TemplateZone Support
support@templatezone.com

So we will wait for the email templates for now Smiley Happy

I've used various versions of ACT for around ten years and recently upgraded to ACT 2009 (version 11). Earlier this week I purchased High Impact Email 4.0 Professional for use with ACT 2009 (11) since the Sage Web site said it was compatible with this version of ACT. Thus, I purchased it and had it Federal Expressed to my door. After spending an evening attempting to figure out how to make the two prograpms play nice and not being able to make the Sage supplied Unlock Code work on the program, I tracked down and called the KMT Software people who produce High Impact Email. They informed me that the software does NOT work with ACT 2009 (11). They also said that they have had calls from other people who purchased the program through Sage who had compatibility problems and/or were provided with previously assigned (and now inoperable) Unlock Codes.

Now I'm trying to get someone at Sage to respond to my email requests for instructions on returning the software and refunding my money. So far, three emails and no response. I'll keep trying and as a last resort will simply dispute the credit card bill when it arrives.

Not having participated in ACT forums in the past, while ACT was owned by Symantec, I'm pleased to find this users forum and plan to check it before buying any more add ons. Does anyone have any ideas on how to come up with some HTML templates that can be used within act?

Well, I did the unthinkable. I returned High Impact that I purchased last year and recently, saw on the Sage website that it WAS COMPATIBLE with ACT 2009. Finally! So, I didn't check but called Sage to order the product (again!). I asked the salesperson if High Impact would work with ACT 2009 and I sensed that she didn't really know and I should have aborted at that time. Being in a hurry and needing templates, I decided to buy it. OK. It's the same dang product. Not compatible with the current version of ACT still!!!!!! OK. For my purposes, it still does not change the fact I need TEMPLATES. So, I decided to work with it. Came up with a nice announcement I had to send to about 94 people. I designed it in High Impact, sent it to Outlook, copied the nice message and pasted it into a waiting Edit Template  e-newsletter that I had made in ACT in the past. The new message appeared beautifully in the place of the old ACT clunky one. I renamed it and saved it as an ACT template. Presto, the template worked like a charm in my ACT  (e) mail merge and all 94 recipients got my nicely designed announcement. I plan to keep it but will be in touch with High Impact folks (so they can send me an update when it becomes compatible with ACT) and I should join Marty in complaining to Sage that they are peddling something that's not accurate. As for the unlock codes, both times were fine. No problem here... I just don't get it.

-mimi

Copper Contributor

Similar experience. Upgraded Act 2008 to 2009, and expected HIE4 to work as it has done for the last 12 months, but installing it, i encountered a problem "MDAC 2.8 not supported on this operating system. and HIE4 would not see ACT 2009. Several emails to support at templatezone and many days later they still will not accept that these 2 softwares are not compatable.

I downoaded the trial version of HIE5 and all is working fine except i cannot get access to my readyshare account with my HIE4 login. So cannot fully evaluate if the upgrade proce of $99 is worth it.

Tony

PJ
Copper Contributor

Hi, I really liked high impact, loved the editing features extremely easy to use but could not get the subscribe/unsubscribe feature to work. They had good support getting back to me each day, couldn't help me further and gave me my money back, no hassles (apart from lost on currency conversions !).

I then moved to constantcontact even though I didn't want a service and I didn't want to pay per contact rather per email. Constantcontact is ACT compatible very easy to use, you can export contacts from ACT into ConstantContact.

Note : don't test the spam button, they stop your account from working until you've been reviewed and have to prove you have a permision based list.

Once someone says unsubscribe you can't email them again through constantcontact until they resubscribe.

ACT 2009 using ACT email.

Cheers

Penny

I recently upgraded to HI 5 and it seems to be working ok with ACT 2009. There's an icon now in the ACT toolbar for easier access. I need more time to come up with a better eval.