Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add emails in contact history to opportunity history

Highlighted

Add emails in contact history to opportunity history

I have a contact in Act! with history relating to a possible piece of work.

I have now created an opportunity for that piece of work.

I want to attach or duplicate the existing contact history items so that they show up in the newly-created opportunity.

But I can't find a way to do that!

Any clues anyone?

Peter

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Add emails in contact history to opportunity history

The reproduction should not be of all the current Histories of the contact, because every time you open a new opportunity ... the growth of the Database will be exponential ...

usually... There are few records of each contact history that should be shared with the business opportunity, in that case you can manually share the history records with the opportunity  (If there are not many)

I repeat, I suppose the number of records that are really associated with the Business Opportunity are 2 or 3 ...

NOTE ... I did this test in Act! Premium V20.1

...I will create an opportunity for a contact

1.jpg

...The opportunity is ready with a product or service and is automatically associated with a contact

2.jpg

...I return to the contact, and I double click on the History record that I need to associate with the new opportunity

Share with... Click on the 3 points icon

3.jpg

...View: Opportunities

4.jpg

...It's done like this...  CLICK OK

5.jpg

...Click  OK to close the history editor

6.jpg

7.jpg

...Open the opportunity to review the History

8.jpg

...As you can see, in the opportunity this history record already appears

9.jpg

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Thanks for this thorough solution.

I have quite a few emails associated with the opportunity, and in fact I have several opportinuities with same situation.  Is there a way to do this in bulk (several emails being associated withe same opportunity in one operation, so as not to have to repeat steps)?

Peter

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Unfortunately, I do not see an option that allows me (with the control key) to select several history records (and giving a right click) to associate (Share with...)  the marked records with a business opportunity, Groups and Companies.

Good idea

1.jpg

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security
in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com