Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add another option to Clear Call Activity drop-down.

Copper Elite Contributor

Add another option to Clear Call Activity drop-down.

Clearing a Call Activity does not have a "Call not made" option, all the other Activities do (Meeting not held; To Do not done etc).

Is there any way to add this option (or edit an Act standard Activity drop-down).

I sometimes have a reason I want to log as to why the call could not be made - for example, waiting for info from developer.

It is easier to note that in the call activity instead of as a separate Note, then Follow Up with scheduling a call the next day.

Currently I put this under Call Attempted, although I didn't actually pick up the phone.

It seems odd as you can create as many options as you want in Custom Activities.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Add another option to Clear Call Activity drop-down.

Yes, the default histories are locked down...

Copper Elite Contributor

Drat! I'll have to keep running with my broader meaning for "Call attempted", that is"I was about to make the cal but didn't actually do it because I didn't have all the info yet", or words to that effect!! Thanks for your response, it's pretty much as I thought suspected.

Bronze Super Contributor

FWIW -

You could at least add a custom value to that effect in the "regarding" field...

This would make your entry quicker and ensure that you always enter it the same way which, if you were to want to pull only those (non) calls out of the system, you could rely on what you entered to let you do so...

Copper Elite Contributor

Hmmmm. That's an idea to think about, although Regarding is pretty fully booked with the usual "Follow up on presentation", "Follow up on quote", etc. I may be waiting for numbers for a revised quote, for example, so need to reschedule the call. I want to note that event in History. So my preferred process is: Clear Activity/schedule Follow Up, rather than reschedule Activity/add History note. Also, History Notes do not show on the Calendar which is my quick easy way of overviewing my day/week.

I guess I'm ok with the Call attempted for now, as most attempted calls are actually Called left message, except for a few customers who I know never return calls, so they are Call attempted.

I do have a standard note in Last Result which is great for the next time I look at that client, but of course that field doesn't keep it's history (that would be sort of oxymoronic!).

Thanks again Scott.