Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add a button into act for a new record type

Add a button into act for a new record type

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone out there in Actland can help as I am stumped, I’ve been trying to find a solution within Act and Act marketplace to a problem but I’m coming up short, as the addons don’t seem to offer a suitable solution.

We have Act v19 and are very happy with it, but we want to do a little more with it.

We want to have an additional button on the left hand side which contains information about investment funds from different companies.

We already have a number of individuals and companies in the system and want to add “funds” as another option, each fund we add will be related to a company already in the system and any number of individuals also already in the system. It would need to look very much like a record for a user but with different fields. I feel like it shouldn’t be too hard to do but for some reason I’m missing step one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!!!

Adam

Administrator

Re: Add a button into act for a new record type

Sounds like what you're looking for is a custom table.

This isn't something available in Act! just yet - but this is a feature that will be available with the release of Act v20.1 in the coming weeks.
You'll be able to set-up new types of record that can be associated with contacts, or as standalone entities.

I'm sure there will be addons that would do this too, might be worth consulting one of our certified consultants?

Re: Add a button into act for a new record type

Thank you for the reply Jon, I'll look into updating to Act 20.1 when it's out, I'd rather avoid addons if I can, Vanilla software tends to be far less buggy.