Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add Mobile Phone to Lookup dropdown on the Toolbar - Act2012 pro.

Copper Elite Contributor

Add Mobile Phone to Lookup dropdown on the Toolbar - Act2012 pro.

As I don't have my Act database on my Android phone (don't want to go there yet!!), some caller numbers show without a name (some are in my phone book already), so I want to do a quick lookup of the Mobile number.

Looking up on Mobile Phone is actually quite slow (Click on lookup / Contact / Scroll down to Mobile Phone which is slow as it is over half down / click / enter number.

I have set a keyboard shortcut for Contact, so I just key the shortcut and type the name.

I want to do the same for Mobile number.

I can't see any option to add a field in Customise Menus and Toolbars / Commands tab - Lookup.

Is there any way I can add the Mobile Phone to the Lookup menu list?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add Mobile Phone to Lookup dropdown on the Toolbar - Act2012 pro.

Put the curson on the mobil phone field and right click and select the lookup option.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Add Mobile Phone to Lookup dropdown on the Toolbar - Act2012 pro.

Neat trick Roy! That definitely eliminates scrolling through the field list. I've never had the urge to right click a contact field before! You live and learn.

That will work quite well as I would generally be in a contact record when I need this.

However I would still like to be able to give that particular lookup a keyboard shortcut too - if at all possible.

Thanks very much.

Graham.