Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add-In problem in Oultook

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Add-In problem in Oultook

I just removed ACT from my notebook as I will be using it on another system.  However, now when Outlook starts it gives the following message:

The Add-in "Redemption Helper OUtlook Extension" (C;\ProgramFiles\ACT\Act for Windows\Redemption.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I have looked in Outlook at the Add-in area and there is not one listed for this as noted above.  I have checked in Control Panel under the Add Remove area and there are no connections back to ACT or any Add-In that would be remotely close to this.

Any suggestions on how I can get this message to stop coming up each time Outlook starts??  Thanks!

Duane

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add-In problem in Oultook

Hello Duane,

This error indicates that, although the .dll file has been removed, Outlook thinks it is still there and is trying to access it. Try the following steps to fix:

Outlook 2002-2003

- Go to Tools/Options, then under the Other tab, click Advanced Options, then click Add-In Manager

- In the list of Add-Ins, see if "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension" is there. If it is, then uncheck the box for that add-in

- Click OK in this screen and the other two screens

- Go to Help/Detect & Repair and let this utility run

- When completed, close abnd reopen Outlook

Outlook 2007

- Go to Help/Privacy Options, then click  Add-Ins on the left

- At the bottom of the screen, make sure the value for Manage is "COM Add-Ins"  and click Go.

- In the list of COM Add-Ins, see if "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension" is there. If it is, then uncheck the box for that add-in and click OK

- Go back to Help/Privacy Options and Add-Ins

- Change Manage to Exchange Client Extensions and uncheck the box for the add-in there as well

- Go to Help/Office Diagnostics and run this utility

- Close and reopen Outlook

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Duane,

This error indicates that, although the .dll file has been removed, Outlook thinks it is still there and is trying to access it. Try the following steps to fix:

Outlook 2002-2003

- Go to Tools/Options, then under the Other tab, click Advanced Options, then click Add-In Manager

- In the list of Add-Ins, see if "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension" is there. If it is, then uncheck the box for that add-in

- Click OK in this screen and the other two screens

- Go to Help/Detect & Repair and let this utility run

- When completed, close abnd reopen Outlook

Outlook 2007

- Go to Help/Privacy Options, then click  Add-Ins on the left

- At the bottom of the screen, make sure the value for Manage is "COM Add-Ins"  and click Go.

- In the list of COM Add-Ins, see if "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension" is there. If it is, then uncheck the box for that add-in and click OK

- Go back to Help/Privacy Options and Add-Ins

- Change Manage to Exchange Client Extensions and uncheck the box for the add-in there as well

- Go to Help/Office Diagnostics and run this utility

- Close and reopen Outlook

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

That solved it, thanks!

Duane

This may sound simple, but make sure you add your Act! database to the outlook ADDRESS BOOKS. I reinstalled ACT! 3 times before I thought of this.